ECONOMY | ENVIRONMENT | SOCIAL
Committed to establishing a position of sustainability leadership in our industry
Foster and Implement Initiatives that Support Sustainability
The Sustainability Policy of SITE Florida & Caribbean, is to foster and implement initiatives that support sustainability in planning and managing meetings, conferences and events. SITE Florida & Caribbean is committed to establishing a position of sustainability leadership in our industry and providing the resources and support for continual improvement. It is the policy of our organization to comply with requirements of ISO 20121 International Standard for Event Sustainability Management Systems by implementing a certified Event Sustainability Management System, the Sustainable Meeting Planning Program® (SMPP® System).
The purpose behind this policy is a commitment to our vision, principles and values in support of preserving and protecting environmental, social, and economic conditions impacted by our organization.
Our organization will lead and promulgate sustainability in all meeting planning activities we control or influence. In addition, we will select Designated Meetings to implement tracking and improvement procedures.
The governing principles guiding this policy are:
- Ethical conduct and business integrity
- Sustainability leadership and stewardship
- Diversity and inclusivity internal and external to operations
- Transparency in operations and disclosures
- Positive legacy resulting from business operations
- Safe and healthy work environment for our employees and supply chain entities
All meeting planning activities shall support our sustainability values:
- Environmentally, we acknowledge our role in preserving the planet’s land, water and air for present and future generations.
- Socially, we strive to care for the people of the world, especially those impacted by our organization’s operations and decisions.
- Economically, we strive to operate our organization with efficiency and fiscal responsibility.
Measurement of sustainability compliance and improvement is an important indicator of progress towards environmental stewardship.
Site Florida & Caribbean Chapter focuses specifically on the meeting planner’s efforts to implement sustainability.
If you would like a copy of our sustainability Policy, please DOWNLOAD or VIEW HERE
2019 Designated Events
Defining the Incentive & Travel Industry
Incentive travel is not a luxury – it’s a necessity. Our research and data prove the ROI business case for incentive travel, which is a powerful management tool that strengthens employee retention, improves performance, and fosters a culture of thoughtful motivation and success.
Over the last 40 years, SITE has grown to over 2,000 members in 90 countries with 29 local and regional chapters. We are a global home for it professionals who deliver with style on the incentive travel promise: meaningful, motivational, memorable. it Works!